Gomez hits back at Lorde's feminist attack

October 14, 2013, 9:47 amNZ Newswire

Rating:
(2.22)
Follow Yahoo! New Zealand Entertainment on Twitter - @YahooNZGossip or like us on Facebook

Selena Gomez has hit back at comments made by Lorde after the Kiwi star branded the US singer's music as anti-feminist.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine Lorde, a self-confessed feminist, revealed she was made "sick" by the way Gomez portrays women in her track Come & Get It.

RELATED: Lorde performs on Ellen show

The former child star has now responded to the remarks during an interview on US radio station Hot 99.5, in which she questions Lorde's take on feminism.

"I appreciate everybody's opinion, especially because I've covered Lorde's music lots of times. I think she is super talented and I think it's awesome ... But in my opinion it's not feminism if you're tearing down another artist," Gomez said.

Show:
Newest First
Oldest First
Top Rated
Most Replies

42 Comments

1. Kumara Patch10:13pm Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

That's pretty mild as bitchy comebacks go. I was at least expecting a video of Lorde tearing up a photo of John Key or begging for help to scrub all that make up off her face. Just kidding. I love Lorde, true story.

2. Gedia08:38pm Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

My sister is bigger than your sister so shut up or I will get her to beat you up. My dad is bigger than your dad and he will come and kick your #$%$ Why don't they all grow up, who care, you do not have to listen to it if you do not like it, so it must be your problem, turn it off.

3. splat12:29pm Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Lorde Vader has spoken the best response is silence or you will be silenced

4. B-Man12:22pm Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm just a guy afterall), but isn't feminism about women being whom or what they want to be without fear of reprisal or criticism? I doubt that pasty little weed from Nowheresville even knows what a feminist is....

5. Whoopass12:09pm Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

selena gomez went with Justin bieber - need I say anymore ?

6. Kenneth11:28am Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Shouldnt Lorde be at school.

7. Gato11:02am Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Lorde should shut up untill she has grown up and becomes an adult and has some experience in life. Like a lot of teens she thinks she knows all about life and she hasnt got a clue.

8. Kengis10:55am Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Gomez is hot. Lorde is an over hyped and over rated precoucious kid.

9. Albie Dagg10:30am Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Lorde is a child and should shut up untill she grows up.

10. For-Fs-Sake10:09am Tuesday 15th October 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Lorde is jelous that Selena is georgeous and she is an ugly stuck up mole

Entertainment Poll

What are you watching at 7pm?

What are you watching at 7pm?